General Usage Information
NEW TO ALMOND CLEAR OR ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS? DO A PATCH TEST FIRST: Patch testing for sensitivity is advised prior to product usage. This is especially important if you are using a mandelic acid skincare product for the first time, or if you’re new to alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) products. To patch test, apply a pre-soaked pad to a discrete area of skin (like the inner arm or behind the ear) once a day for three days. If you develop severe irritation, hives, rash, blistering, or swelling of the eyes and mouth, rinse off, cease use, and consult a physician right away.
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT: Almond Clear’s Level 1 Exfoliating Pads are powered by 10% mandelic acid. Safe for all skin types. Can be applied anywhere on the face or body.
We take environmental responsibility seriously, so our pads are fully biodegradable and made from 100% cotton. They have a natural, soft feel that is different than the nylon pads most brands use.
TO APPLY: Apply to clean, dry skin. One pad covers a face-size area. For larger areas, use more than one pad. Wait for the product to absorb completely before applying other products like moisturizers or serums.
How Often Should I Apply the Level 1 Pads?
- FOR ACNE & FOLLICULITIS: Most people will see the best results when applied twice-daily, but it may take you more or less time to get there depending on your skin. If you’re new to exfoliating skincare acids, you’ll need to gradually build towards twice-daily applications, as shown in the recommended application schedule below. Remember, everyone’s skin is different, so go at your own pace.
- WEEK 1: Start with one application every-other night. Apply to clean, dry skin before bed. Moisturize as needed.
- WEEK 2: Apply nightly. Moisturize as needed.
- WEEK 3: Apply nightly, plus every-other morning to clean, dry skin. Moisturize as needed.
- WEEK 4+: Apply twice-daily, both morning and night. Moisturize as needed.
- FOR ALL OTHER SKIN CONCERNS: The Level 1 Pads can improve hyperpigmentation, ingrown hairs, dull skin, keratosis pilaris, and fine lines & wrinkles. For most people, a once daily application is sufficient to get the desired results. If you’re new to exfoliating skincare acids, then you’ll need to start slowly and gradually increase towards daily applications. Below is a recommended application schedule, but everyone’s skin is different so go at your own pace.
- WEEK 1: Apply every-other night before bed. Moisturizer as needed.
- WEEK 2: Apply two nights in a row, then one night off. Repeat this cycle again. Moisturizer as needed.
- WEEK 3+: Apply nightly. Moisturizer as needed.
During the first few weeks peeling may occur, but this will gradually lessen. Moderately dry skin indicates that beneficial exfoliation is occurring. Cut back usage if your skin becomes excessively dry, then gradually increase usage again as tolerated.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS? Like any new skincare routine, it will take three to four weeks to begin seeing results. Some people experience substantial improvement within the first month. For others, it can take a few months to see best results. Consistent application over time is the key to clear skin. NOTE: Hyperpigmentation takes more time to fully clear than other skin concerns. If you are consistent with your applications, you can achieve great results in two to four months.
THE PADS ARE MAKING MY SKIN DRY. IS THIS A PROBLEM? Skin peeling, otherwise known as exfoliation, is a critical step in improving a wide variety of skin concerns. Many people mistakenly believe that if a product dries their skin a little, then this product is too “harsh,” and so they permanently reduce or stop their usage. This is a big mistake that will prevent people from getting the best results.
It’s true that uncomfortably dry, red, or irritated skin are signs of over-exfoliation, and these types of irritation should be avoided. If your skin becomes painfully dry then you need to temporarily stop usage, then reinstate applications gradually, as your skin allows. On the other hand, flaking skin that is not tender or irritated is exactly what you should be experiencing when you start using a new alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) and is a good sign that the products are working!
You’ll experience maximum drying over the first few weeks of using Almond Clear. That’s why it’s important to gradually work up to daily applications because this gives your skin time to adapt. After six to eight weeks of Almond Clear usage, your skin should no longer flake.
To combat flaking skin, use a non-comedogenic moisturizer as often as needed. If you can deal with a few weeks of peely skin, then you’re much more likely to achieve your skincare goals!
WILL I EXPERIENCE SKIN PURGING? If you’re new to skincare acids then it’s possible that your skin could purge during the first few weeks of usage. Skin purging occurs when a chemical exfoliant like mandelic acid sloughs off the top layer of dead skin cells, causing new cells to regenerate sooner than they would on their own, which can bring old blockages to the surface. This may look like new breakouts, but it’s actually your skin getting rid of breakouts that were already forming under the surface of your skin. Purging typically lasts for 3-4 weeks, and after it’s over you’ll have substantially clearer, smoother skin.
NOT SEEING THE RESULTS THAT YOU WERE EXPECTING? We want you to be thrilled with your Almond Clear results, so we stand behind all of our products with a 60-day money back guarantee. 60 days allows you enough time to try the products and see real results. If you’re not seeing the results that you expected, then reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make things right for you.
STILL GOT QUESTIONS OR NEED HELP? No problem! Drop us a line at email@example.com. We’re always happy to help and chat about skincare.