Why Mandelic Acid works as a deodorant
Mandelic Acid is an incredible alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) because it can benefit a wide range of skin types and concerns without irritating and damaging the skin. Not only does it help treat acne and folliculitis, but mandelic acid's antibacterial and gentle exfoliating properties make it an effective and gentle option for controlling body odor as well. Yep, that’s right - MA works great as a deodorant! Here's how:
- Antibacterial properties: Body odor is caused by the bacteria that live on the skin breaking down sweat and releasing an unpleasant odor. Mandelic acid has natural antibacterial properties that can help to reduce the bacteria on the skin that cause body odor.
- Exfoliation: Mandelic acid exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. Dead skin cells can trap bacteria and sweat, leading to body odor. By removing these cells, mandelic acid can help to keep the skin clean and prevent bacteria from building up.
- Gentle: Mandelic acid is more gentle than other AHA, such glycolic or salicylic acid, so it’s a lot less likely to cause irritation or inflammation on the delicate skin of the underarm area. This makes it a great option for those with sensitive skin as well.
- Long-lasting: Unlike traditional deodorants that only mask odor or prevent sweating, mandelic acid can help to eliminate the root cause of odor by reducing the number of bacteria on the skin. This means mandelic acid can provide long-lasting protection against body odor.
How to use Almond Clear's Level 1 Serum or Level 1 Exfoliating Pads as a deodorant
Mandelic acid can be used as a deodorant in the same way that you would use a traditional deodorant. Here's how to use it:
- Cleanse the underarm area with soap and water and dry it thoroughly.
- Once dry, apply a few drops of our Level 1 Mandelic Acid Serum or swipe the Level 1 Exfoliating Pads to each underarm. Start by applying every other day for the first week and then work up to applying every day as needed.
- Allow the mandelic acid to dry completely before putting on clothing. Wait about one or two minutes.
- Reapply as needed throughout the day, especially if you are sweating heavily.
- Be patient!! It may take a few days or weeks for your body to adjust to using mandelic acid. Give it time and be consistent with your application for best results.
It's important to note that it may take some experimentation to find the right amount and frequency of mandelic acid application that works for you. It's also a good idea to patch test the mandelic acid on a small area of skin before using it as a deodorant to make sure that you don't experience any irritation.
How Mandelic Acid can help treat ingrown hairs and shaving bumps at the same time
Not only does mandelic acid fight against body odor, but it can also help treat and prevent ingrown hairs and shaving bumps by exfoliating the skin and reducing inflammation. It’s like killing two birds with one stone. Here’s how it works:
- Mandelic acid gently exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores which can prevent hair follicles from becoming blocked and causing ingrown hairs.
- Mandelic acid’s anti-inflammatory properties help reduce redness, swelling, and irritation associated with ingrown hairs and shaving bumps.
- Mandelic acid has antibacterial properties that can help to control the growth of bacteria on the skin. This can be particularly beneficial for preventing infections in areas where ingrown hairs or shaving bumps have formed.
- Mandelic acid also stimulates cell turnover, which can help improve the overall appearance and health of the skin. This can lead to a smoother, more even skin texture and reduce the appearance of shaving bumps.
Why it's beneficial to use one skincare product for multiple purposes
Using one skincare product for multiple purposes can be incredibly beneficial in many different ways. Here’s why:
- Reduces waste: When you use one product for multiple purposes, you reduce the amount of packaging and waste generated. This is especially true if you're using a single, multi-purpose product instead of several different products.
- Reduces production and transportation impact: When you buy fewer products, you're also reducing the environmental impact of producing and transporting those products. This includes the energy and resources required to manufacture and transport the products to you.
- Saves money: Buying one product that can be used for multiple purposes is often less expensive than buying several different products. This can help you save money on your skincare routine over time.
- Simplifies your routine: Using one product for multiple purposes can also simplify your skincare routine, which can save you time and energy. This can be especially beneficial if you have a busy lifestyle or don't want to spend a lot of time on your skincare routine.
- Space-saving: If you have limited space to store your skincare products, using one product for multiple purposes can help you save space and avoid clutter.
Overall, using a skincare ingredient like mandelic acid that prevents body odor while treating ingrown hairs and shaving bumps can be super beneficial to your lifestyle and the environment.